In the immortal words of Carl Weathers, MANDO!!!!
Yup, it's time for us to recap one of our favorite creative endeavors of 2019, The Mandalorian. Join us as we run down our favorite moments, characters, and episodes from the first season. And yes, we manage to squeeze in some wrasslin' and Battlestar Galactica references as well.
LINKS OF INTEREST:
- Want to know more about Power & Glory? Here you go.
- Go back and check out our MCU Grab Bag in Episode 8 for all the stuff Tim was referencing.
- The animated Thanksgiving-themed talking turkey movie that featured George Takei as the voice of a time machine (it really does make sense in the context of the movie) was called Free Birds and features not only Woody Harrelson, but Owen Wilson, Amy Poehler, Keith David, and Star Trek TNG and Deep Space Nine alumni Colm Meaney.
- Yeah, Kurt Vonnegut didn't like semicolons that much, saying: “Here is a lesson in creative writing. The first rule: do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you’ve been to college.” Source.
- Here's a quick reference about military ranks in the Star Wars universe. And for those wondering, Moff was the rank held by the Sector Governors of the First Galactic Empire (via Wookiepedia).
- Will Katee Sackhoff be appearing in the next season of The Mandalorian? The answer is... she can't say.
...AND ANOTHER THING:
Tim recommends checking out the South Korean movie Parasite, which did end up winning the Oscar for Best Picture.
Todd would recommend stepping away from Facebook for awhile if it's causing you more grief than it's worth. Here's an article about someone's experience.
FOLLOW US ON THE SOCIAL MEDIAS:
Did you love what you listened to? Fantastic - we love people with questionable taste that enjoy a couple chuckleheads cracking each other up. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more of the internet funny.